Home > Contact Us > Membership > Patrons > Press Releases > Formal Complaints >
Please allow popups from this site to see the 'information' popup window. It will auto close in 15 seconds.
Welcome to our Website. We hope you find it both informative and interesting. You will find many sections that you can contribute to, like Recipes, Poems and Pets Pictures, alongside past and present information about our campaigns, the present one being at Ramsgate Port.
We intend to be a bit more progressive and to this end are open to new ideas and new methods from our supporters
IAN BIRCHALL (CHAIRMAN) KAALE
JOIN US AND CONTINUE THE FIGHT TO BAN LIVE EXPORTS!
KAALE is ‘Kent Action Against Live Exports’.
We are an organisation which has been founded in Kent county, in the South-Eastern corner of England, UK.
To check out more on Kent, click on the following Links:
KAALE is a completely volunteer run organisation specifically set up to address the specific issue of live animal exports, primarily from the port of Dover, but now more recently covering both Ramsgate (Kent) and Ipswich (Suffolk). No member of the KAALE crew takes any financial rewards for the work that they do as they are all volunteers – we simply do our work at KAALE to be a voice for the animals which are still being exported from the UK for slaughter and further fattening in mainland Europe. All of our funding is obtained by membership, for which you get 6 newsletters every year; or by donations.
KAALE is a Non Government Organisation – an ‘NGO’.
During the past year and just over, we have seen live animal exports (for slaughter) move out of Dover to the port of Ramsgate, which is also located in Kent county. Dover continues to be monitored. A terrible incident at Ramsgate harbour on Wednesday 12th September 2012 which resulted in the deaths of around 46 sheep has now led to the port owners (Thanet District Council) stopping the live animal trade from the harbour. We congratulate them on their decision. You can read more about the incident of the 12th in out report ‘J64’ – Go to ‘About Us’ then select ‘Export Reports’.
KAALE intentions are to stop the trade in live animal exports through entirely legal and peaceful demonstrations at any UK port. The KAALE crew gathers information, data and photographs, and subsequently produces a detailed report for every live animal export consignment which leaves any of the UK ports. These reports can be seen on this site under the sub section of ‘Export Reports’. Older archive reports can also be found under ‘Harbours’.
In addition, we run a telephone newsline which is updated every weekend as standard and further updated during the week when there are live animal shipments from UK ports happening.
Here is a brief insight into the KAALE crew:
Ian – KAALE Chairman and leader of the pack ! – keeps everyone assigned to tasks
Yvonne – covers all aspects of the day to day operation of KAALE
Valerie – our official KAALE photographer
Judith – keeps a careful watch on group funds
Ruth – produces the consignment reports and maintains a detailed index of all port activities
Mark – EU and Legal Researcher / Correspondent who deals directly with EU Legal Affairs and the Food and Veterinary Office (FVO) in Brussels, Belgium. Also deals with Press and website.
In addition we have a vast group of nationwide supporters who provide us with all kinds of information and support. We are also involved with livestock market monitoring on a weekly basis. We also welcome our overseas visitors.
Please take the time to browse through our site and learn about live animal exports from the UK.
We have sections which provide information and links for the following:
• European Union (EU) animal transport regulations
• Links on how to find and contact every Member of the European Parliament (MEP) in every country (member state) of the EU
• Specific links to UK MEP’s on a national region by region basis
• An insight into Defra; the UK ministry of government which is responsible for, and approves, live animal exports from the UK – find key personnel profiles here
• We have archives from both Dover and Ramsgate harbours – ports of shame which are / have been involved with live animal exports
• Ipswich – used just once in September 2012 is also included
• Meet Carla Lane, our Patron and tv comedy scriptwriter and author. Carla has campaigned for decades against the transport of live animal exports
• Meet the ‘Black Spurs’ – also KAALE Patrons; they are “from the Southern sticks of Sydney, Australia; an anti live animal export rockabilly show band”
• Meet Maria Daines, another KAALE Patron - Maria, who comes from Cambridgeshire (UK) is a brilliant rock and blues singer in addition to being a top quality songwriter with a difference - a high percentage of her songs are about animals, many of which focus specifically on animal welfare issues.
• See a huge number of photographs related to recent animal exports from our county, particularly Ramsgate harbour; as well as past campaign photographs from our archives of some 20 years or more at Dover harbour
• In addition, under the header on ‘Membership’, we have contributions from supporters for Pets Photos, Poems and great Veggie and Vegan recipes. You are always able to contribute your articles and photos to these sections if you wish. How to do this is detailed in each section.
Directly below on this page you will see a global ‘Clustrmap’, or ‘map of the world’ which shows a graphical view (Red Dot) of visitors to this web site. This helps us by providing information on where all of our international animal friends and supporters come from; the locations even surprise us sometimes !
We request your help and support to campaign against live animal exports from the UK (when it happens) in whatever way you are able. This can be writing or mailing politicians; or by becoming a member of KAALE; for which you will supplied with a newsletter 6 times each year; either a hard copy (paper) in the post if you do not have a computer; otherwise an electronic copy by e mail. There is a link to membership on the site should you wish to join with us, or kindly send us a donation.
You can leave any comments on our ‘Soapbox’ which you will find under the ‘Actions’ heading.
We do not put our money into producing glossy magazines; we keep things simple to cut costs and to put as much money into campaigning against animal exports as we can.
KAALE holds a monthly demonstration outside the Eastern Dock at Dover on the 1st Saturday of every month between 12 noon and 3pm; although sometimes now the location is now changed to other ports depending on the location of the trade; if it is happening. Information about monthly demonstration locations is provided via our telephone newsline; the number for which you can find under ‘About Us’ – ‘Contact Us’.
All information and web links provided on this site are completely legal and have the right to be accessed by any members of the public. There is no illegal access / information work undertaken in the production of this Web site.
Enjoy your visit to this KAALE site and we hope that you and your friends will return to see us again very soon.
Best wishes and regards
‘The KAALE Crew’
Kent, England, Uk – October 2012.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this website do not necessarily reflect those of the publisher/editor. No responsibility can be taken for the accuracy of statements made by contributors or material provided for publication.
Please note that Kent Action Against Live Exports is not responsible for external website content accessed via links on this page